Jesus often withdrew to a quiet place to nourish his spirit. He connected with God by visiting a solitary location, rising early in the morning and spending entire nights in prayer. As Jesus demonstrated, a spiritual retreat is a withdrawal from ordinary activities for a period of time to commune with God. People of all faiths and no faith have been coming to The Monastery of the Holy Spirit for many years because it is a place where you can “get away from it all” to revitalize your spirit and rejuvenate your soul.
Our Smoke Rise group will begin the day together with some stress free quiet time, have lunch and attend the midday prayer service. Participants will be free to choose how to spend the afternoon. Some options include:
- A self guided tour of the Monastic Museum at the Visitor Center
- Learn about the art of Bonsai
- Visit the Abbey Store
- Visit the Stations of the Cross along the lake
- Plan a bike ride or walk along Rockdale River trail through the Monastery property.
- Take a walk and explore some of the many unique features of the Monastery which include:
- The Prayer Walk
- Magnolia Lane
- Feed the ducks at the Monastery Lakes
Pick up a brochure in the upper and lower breezeways. $10.00 includes lunch. Register with Kathy Dobbins: firstname.lastname@example.org; 770-469-5856.